This section contains 10 Understanding Tasks, with 10 Quick Starts as warm-up exercises.
Available for immediate download.
The Quick Starts can be used for:
- Introducing a range of clients to trainee counsellors
- Running an introductory session to ‘what do clients actually say?’
- Exploring immediate reactions to clients words
- Group or pair work when practice would be useful, feeding back to the whole group their immediate reactions
- 10 at-a-glance case studies to enrich your teaching
The 10 Quick Starts supplied with this purchase are:
21. Power of the Past
22. Anger Against Marriage
23. Perception and Disappointment
25. What’s It All For
26. Memories of a Strict Father
27. I feel Better When I’ve Been Sick
28. It Was Over, I Was Over
29. I Love My Mum
30. Being Followed
Quick Starts for Counsellors are in 3 sections:
- Who is the client and what seems to be the problem?
- What does the client say about himself/herself?
- Two quick responses from the counsellor