This section contains 10 Listening Tasks, with 10 Quick Starts as warm-up exercises.
Available for immediate download.
The Quick Starts can be used for:
- Introducing a range of clients to trainee counsellors
- Running an introductory session to ‘what do clients actually say?’
- Exploring immediate reactions to clients words
- Group or pair work when practice would be useful, feeding back to the whole group their immediate reactions
- 10 at-a-glance case studies to enrich your teaching
The 10 Quick Starts supplied with this purchase are:
- Feeling Lonely & Abandoned
- Unable to Cope
- Hearing Voices
- Violent Alter Ego
- Downer or Depression
- Boys Don’t Cry
- Atone for my Sin
- What Could I Have Done
- I’m Not Scared
Quick Starts for Counsellors are in 3 sections:
- Who is the client and what seems to be the problem?
- What does the client say about himself/herself?
- Two quick responses from the counsellor
Categorized in Counselling Tasks