This section contains 10 Exploring Tasks, with 10 Quick Starts as warm-up exercises.
Available for immediate download.
The Quick Starts can be used for:
- Introducing a range of clients to trainee counsellors
- Running an introductory session to ‘what do clients actually say?’
- Exploring immediate reactions to clients words
- Group or pair work when practice would be useful, feeding back to the whole group their immediate reactions
- 10 at-a-glance case studies to enrich your teaching
The 10 Quick Starts supplied with this purchase are:
11. Fear of the Unknown
12. Feeling Helpless at Work
13. Returning to Events That Gave Meaning
15. He Made Me Feel Rubbish
16. My Mum’s Very Demanding
17. What is the Story Behind the Story
18. Unable to Go With the Times
19. I Must Have a Contingency Plan
20. Inability to Mix
Quick Starts for Counsellors are in 3 sections:
- Who is the client and what seems to be the problem?
- What does the client say about himself/herself?
- Two quick responses from the counsellor